Over time, the skin shows signs of ageing and becomes slack. If this phenomenon can’ t be avoided, it can be slowed down! To do this, there is not only cosmetic surgery, but above all, good habits to adopt in order to delay this phenomenon.
What are the causes of this sagging?
The first is the loss of elastin and collagen. When we are young, these proteins are produced in large quantities and the cells are constantly renewed. Collagen gives the skin its firmness and elastin gives it elasticity. However, as we age, the body does not produce as many proteins anymore. As a result, the cells become more fragile and do not renew themselves as much, leading to sagging skin.
To find out more, read our article: “Understanding skin ageing”.
Certain bad habits can accelerate this phenomenon:
- Exposure to UV rays without protection, these rays accelerate the skin’s ageing process.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol and tobacco.
- A poor diet, especially one rich in sugar, which accelerates the breakdown of collagen.
To keep your skin firm for as long as possible, make sure you adopt a healthy lifestyle.
How can I firm up my facial skin naturally?
First of all, choose a balanced diet. Antioxidants, found in red fruits, apples, artichokes, etc., help fight free radicals and maintain collagen levels. You can also count on vitamin C, found in oranges, lemons, etc., to give your skin firmness.
Then, don’t ignore sun protection! It will not stop you from getting a tan, it will only block the UV rays that are harmful to your skin.
Finally, it is possible to tone up your face with exercises such as yoga or facial gymnastics. These techniques help to boost the production of elastin and collagen, wrinkles are reduced and the skin is plumped up. Find out more in our article “Why adopt facial gymnastics?“.
Ingredients to consider in your skin care routine
- Cucumber: toning and rejuvenating effect.
- Honey: treats sagging skin.
- Shea Butter: stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, protects against free radicals, reduces wrinkles.
- Brown Algae: tones and firms the skin, reduces wrinkles.
You can find the combination of Shea Butter and Brown Algae in our anti-ageing face care range. It deeply moisturises your skin and meets its daily needs. Your face is resplendent with softness and suppleness.